Monday, December 6, 2010

Exhibiton/ Extreme Animals



The Extreme Animals are two artist that do performances as well as video art. When going to the exhibition I had no idea what to expect. I thought it was very interesting as well as entertaining. Their performance was a different experience. I liked how they mixed music with different types of art. They used animations that seemed really trippy. I thought that the home video look to their works was really good. The exhibition was of both artists showing the audience videos of their work. They played live instruments as well as music on the computer. The images shown on the videos were interesting. I enjoyed the video where it had many clips of shows and commercials from the 90s and 80s. It really made me think back when i use to watch that tv show, or rembering I had seen that commercial before. The videos were kind of long which made it hard to watch at times. Above i have a link to one of their videos. Its is very good artwork and the music i believe goes very well with it. I thought it was a real entertaining experience. I enjoyed some of the videos and both artist were funny and good performers. I did think one of the videos was kind of boring i did not leave until it was over but watching an arm waving tube man for 5 minutes straight was difficult. Overall i thought this was a great performance and exhibition. I will keep up to date with new videos they make because I did like it.
If I had two questions to ask the artists it would be:
1. What inspires you to make these videos?
2. How long does it take to make each video?

No comments:

Post a Comment